Searching for the Right Path to Success — Create a Customer Journey Map for Your Business
If you’re not aware of your customer journey, you probably don’t know your customers too well. The more complete picture of your customers you have, however, the better for your business — and customer journey mapping is a big part of that. By mapping the touchpoints with your company, you can easily identify issues your customers might encounter, adjust these touchpoints, and improve their experience along the way to increase customer satisfaction.
Just consider the following customer journey mapping benefits:
54% greater return of marketing investment,
10x improvement in customer service costs,
24% more of positive social media mentions,
3.5x greater revenue from customer referrals,
18x faster average sales cycles, and,
56% more cross-sell and up-sell revenue.
It is important to establish a clear customer journey in your digital strategy to ensure your customers get from Point A to B without any confusion, increasing your chances of conversions. At Bloom, we help our brands break down your customer journey phase by phase, aligning each step in your process with a specific goal and redesigning your touchpoints to maximize customer success. Here’s a quick sneak peek behind the curtain at how we start the journey mapping process to help our customers identify critical touch points and achieve long-term success with their brands.
Customer Journey Mapping Outline
- Set a goal for the journey map
- Survey customers to understand their buying journey
- Ask customer service reps about the questions they receive most frequently
- Create a customer journey map for each buyer persona
It’s imperative to use a customer-centric approach throughout your business with a customer journey map that can be used as a baseline of the customer journey from initial engagement to post-purchase support. Here are a few Map examples and why we use them.
B2B Customer Journey Map Example
- Goes beyond the actual purchasing phase by incorporating initial research and
- Effective because it helps employees get into the mind of the customer by understanding the normal questions they have and the emotions they’re feeling
- There are incremental action steps that can be taken in response to these questions and feelings that will help it solve all the current problems customers are having
Day in the Life Customer Journey Map Example
- Visualize the actions, thoughts, and emotions your customers currently experience in all the activities in which they partake daily, whether or not that includes your company
- Gives a wider lens into the lives of your customers and what their pain points are in real life
- Are best used for addressing unmet customer needs before customers even know they exist
- May use this type of customer journey map when exploring new market development strategies
Current State Customer Journey Map Example
- Most widely used type of customer journey maps
- Visualize the actions, thoughts, and emotions your customers currently experience while interacting with your company
- Are best used for continually improving the customer journey.
Future State Customer Journey Map Example
- Visualize what actions, thoughts, and emotions your customers will experience in future interactions with your company
- Based on what their current experience is, you’ll have a clear picture of where your business fits in
- Are best used for illustrating your vision and setting clear, strategic goals
Service Blueprint Journey Map Example
- Begin with a simplified version of one of the above map styles
- Layer on the factors responsible for delivering that experience, including people, policies, technologies, and processes
- Are best used for identifying the root causes of current customer journeys or identifying the steps needed to attain desired future customer journeys
When you take the time to implement your customer journey into every aspect of your digital strategy, you are better suited to create the type of content that will attract current customers to your site and keep them coming back. And you are better informed on how to build a new customer base by researching the needs and pain points of your typical customers, mapping out their journey to provide a better picture of your target audience.
When you’re ready to start mapping your customer experience, the team at Bloom is here to help. Contact us, today.
Hello There. I discovered your blog using msn. That is an extremely smartly written article.
I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to
learn extra of your useful info. Thank you for
the post. I will definitely comeback.
I am not positive the place you’re getting your information,
but great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or figuring out more.
Thanks for fantastic information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.
Hi there to all, the contents present at
this web site are actually awesome for people knowledge, well,
keep up the good work fellows.
Great post. I was checkig continuously this weblog and I am impressed!
Extremely useful information specially the closung section 🙂 I
maintain such information a lot. I was looking for thios particular information for a
long time. Thank you and good luck.
Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site.
I stumbledupon it 😉 I’m going to revisit yet again since i have book-marked it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be
rich and continue to guide others.
I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing,
it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.
It’s hard to come by experienced people for this subject,
however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
I simply couldn’t leave your site before suggesting that
I really enjoyed the usual information a person supply for your visitors?
Is gonna be again steadily to check up on new posts
I like the valuable info you provide for your articles.
I’ll bookmark your weblog and test once more here frequently.
I am quite certain I will be told many new stuff right right here!
Good luck for the next!
When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the thought of
a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
Therefore that’s why this post is great. Thanks!
magnificent put up, very informative. I wonder why
the opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this.
You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a
great readers’ base already!
Hi fantastic website! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of work?
I’ve virtually no understanding of computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the
near future. Anyway, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please
share. I know this is off topic however I just wanted to
ask. Many thanks!
Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would
be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
Good write-up. I certainly appreciate this site. Stick with it!
We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and
our whole community will be grateful to you.
I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at
this web site is truly pleasant.
Great blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.
I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
Keep this going please, great job!
Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
It’s the little changes that make the greatest changes.
Thanks a lot for sharing!